Epsilon Gamma represents the schools of nursing at Bethel College, Newman University, Southwestern College, Tabor College, and Wichita State University and supports the learning, knowledge and professional development of nurses making a difference around the globe.
Please click here to visit Epsilon Gamma’s website and learn more about the local chapter.
About Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
The mission of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, is advancing world health and celebrating nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership, and service.
Sigma Theta Tau International’s vision is to be the global organization of choice for nursing.
View an introductory video about STTI: About STTI Video
In 1922, six nurses founded the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI) at the Indiana University Training School for Nurses, which is now the Indiana University School of Nursing, in Indianapolis, Ind., USA. The founders chose the name from the Greek words storgé, thárros, and timé, meaning “love,” “courage,” and “honor.” STTI became incorporated in 1985 as Sigma Theta Tau International Inc., a nonprofit organization with a 501(c)(3) tax status in the United States.
STTI membership is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing. Here are some additional facts about our membership:
- STTI has more than 135,000 active members.
- Members reside in more than 85 countries.
- 39 percent of active members hold master’s and/or doctoral degrees; 51 percent are in staff positions; 19 percent are administrators or supervisors; 18 percent are faculty/academics; and 12 percent are in advanced practice.
- There are roughly 500 chapters at approximately 675 institutions of higher education throughout Armenia, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, England, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Mexico, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Swaziland, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- STTI communicates regularly with more than 100 nurse leaders who have expressed interest in establishing chapters globally, including those in Chile, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, India, Ireland, Israel, Germany, Jamaica, Jordan, Lebanon, New Zealand, and Spain.
For More Information about Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing:
Please click here to visit Sigma Theta Tau’s website.
For questions about membership, renewal, or updating your contact information, contact Member Services:
888.634.7575 (TOLL FREE – US/CANADA only) or